When does Maui *not* sound like a great idea? And what if you left the fam at home and made it a romantic escape? That’s just what Paula and Aaron Hamby did to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Paula Hamby not only loves love, but she made a business out of it. Her company, OKC Date Planners, is a date concierge service to bring couples closer together through memorable dates like sailing, helicopter tours, and even luxury car rentals for the night coupled with a murals tour. So it’s no surprise she’s a big advocate for getting away together as a couple, too.
Paula shared the highlights of their trip and favorites from their vacation so save this list if Maui is in your future!
Favorite Maui restaurants:
- Plantation house (Kapalua Golf Course)
- Fleetwoods (rooftop patio)- so nice! Recommend sitting upstairs on the patio. Live music
- Lahaina Grill – Our first anniversary dinner out of many. The owner was so good to us. A photographer took our picture and he gave us an art piece signed by the local artist.
- Fridas – Mexican cuisine, excellent margaritas, beautiful view
- Photo shoot to commemorate our 20th Anniversary
- (The photographer let me be a Mermaid, too! 🤣) View the video at the top of this story to see it, and turn the sound up! Paula’s advice is to have fun and be silly is freeing and great for your relationship. Check out the work of @mauiskywalker on Instagram.
- Road to Hana – we took a day to travel in our jeep all around the island. We saw so much that day! I have a whole list of stops here on this 10 hour road trip.
- Snorkeled Molokini crater and swam with the sea turtles
- -Drove up to Haleakala National Park 10,000 feet Elevation to see the sunset from Above the clouds! It was breathtaking and freezing up there! So beautiful.
- Helicopter Ride to see the uninhabitable islands nearby. Beautiful waterfalls!
We rented a two bedroom condo with a wrap around patio over the ocean, rather than doing the resort experience. Highly recommend, unless you just want the resort experience. -PH