Matt and Tracy Morris, ODs of Edmond Family Eye Care, recently visited Seattle, Washington and shares the the inside scoop for a weekend
trip to the beautiful, sometimes rainy, Seattle! Read on for insider recommendations on the best dinner spots, drinks, activities, sights to see, photo ops and more!
Matt and Tracy flew out to Seattle on a Thursday evening and began the trip with dinner at Ivar’s (right on the water by the ferry dock) – which gets a 10/10 recommendation as “amazing.” During the rest of her trip, they wandered all along the famous Pike Place Market hitting all of the best brunch and happy hour spots.
Tracy’s most memorable moment from the trip were visiting the Original Starbucks, the gum wall, riding up the space needle and The Museum of Pop Culture.
They also visited Chinatown before taking a Ferry over to Bainbridge Island, stopping at Bainbridge Brewing for a local beer and some board games. “Then we had an amazing waterfront dinner at Doc’s Marina Grill,” Tracy said.
They headed home on a Sunday, which made for a great, adventurous (yet relaxing) weekend trip.
Seattle, WA is about 2,ooo miles from Oklahoma City and can be reached by direct flight or about a 30 hr road trip via I-84 W. Seattle is known for their many tourist sights, rainy weather, coffee, and outdoor lifestyles. Learn more at VisitSeattle.org
- Bring your vaccination card.
- Bring a rain jacket.
- Do not bring an umbrella – you’ll look like a tourist! 😉 Seattleites endure the rain, mostly mists not downpours.
- Transportation: LINK light rail! And South Lake Union Transit (SLUT)
- Apps you might need: Uber, Waze, Open Table, Amazon Go, Amazon.
- Serious pie (pizza): https://www.seriouspieseattle.
- Din Tai Fung, Pacific Place (asian): https://dintaifungusa.com/
- Marination (asian fusion): http://marinationmobile.com/
- Ivar’s (seafood): https://www.ivars.com/item/
- AQUA by El Gaucho (seafood): https://elgaucho.com/
- Anthony’s Pier 66 (seafood): https://www.anthonys.com/
- Cutters Crabhouse: https://cutterscrabhouse.com/
- Matt’s in the Market: https://mattsinthemarket.com/
- Tai Tung Chinese Restaurant: (Oldest Chinese restaurant in the city. The owner, Harry, is still there. He’s kind of famous. Also, Bruce Lee’s favorite spot) https://taitungrestaurant.com/
- Biscuit Bitch https://biscuitbitch.square.
- Starbucks Reserve in Capitol Hill: https://www.starbucksreserve.
- Dahlia Bakery (Tom Douglas bakery) (Coconut pie, famous in Seattle): https://www.dahliabakery.com/
- Hood Famous Bakery https://www.
- More Ice Cream: https://moraicecream.com/mora-
- Frans Chocolate: https://frans.com/
- Goldfinch Tavern (Four Seasons Hotel): http://www.goldfinchtavern.
- Woodinville Wineries: https://woodinvillewinecountry.com/
- Rachel’s Ginger Beer for an afternoon cocktail: https://rachelsgingerbeer.com/
Tourist Sight Seeing:
See the original Starbucks
Gum Wall is at the market! Bring lots of gum!
- Space Needle: https://www.spaceneedle.com/
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: https://www.
- Pacific Science Center: https://www.
- Wing Luke Museum https://www.wingluke.org/
- Seattle Art Museum: https://www.seattleartmuseum.
- Museum of Pop Culture: https://www.mopop.org/
- Museum of History and Industry: https://mohai.org/
- Center for Wooden Boats: https://www.cwb.org/
- Amazon’s Spheres: https://www.seattlespheres.
*Take the monorail from Westlake Center to the Space Needle*
Pike Place Market – You can sign up for a tour: https://www.savorseattletours.
com/our-tours/food-tours/vip- early-access-tour-pike-place- market
Pike Place Fish Market (They throw around fish – you can ship home) : https://www.pikeplacefish.com/
- “Hometown Chinatown Tour” at Wing Luke Museum: https://25646p.
blackbaudhosting.com/25646p/ page.aspx?pid=213&tab=2& txobjid=0cca2a21-8836-4644- 851f-edb71fd57591&_ga=2. 62531759.2063288078. 1633214190-1714117708. 1633214190
- Panama Hotel. (Go the tea house and see the hotel as it stood during the internment. Oldest Japanese bathhouse in the country is there.) https://www.king5.com/article/
news/5-facts-about-the-panama- hotel/281-be201af5-a0d2-42e5- 952d-b965ae524f32
- Cruise Southlake Union: https://www.argosycruises.com/
- Whale Watching | Puget Sound Express https://www.pugetsoundexpress.com/
- Browne Vineyards Wine tasting: brownefamilyvineyards.com
- Seattle Underground Tour: http://www.undergroundtour.
- SODO Tasting rooms: https://sodo-urbanworks.com/
- Smith Tower (observation deck and speak easy) https://www.smithtower.
- Columbia Center (great views) https://columbiacenterseattle.
- Space Needle; 400 Broad St, Seattle, WA 98109
- Pike Place Market; 85 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101
- Kerry Park; 211 W Highland Dr, Seattle, WA 98119
- Amazon Spheres; 2111 7th Ave, Seattle, WA 98121
- Hing Hay Park; 423 Maynard Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104
- Discovery Park; 3801 Discovery Park Blvd, Seattle, WA 98199
- Westlake Center Shopping Mall: https://www.westlakecenter.com/en.html
Best gift shop is Made in Washington (they will ship to your house for $5) https://madeinwashington.com/?
gclid=CjwKCAjwkvWKBhB4EiwA- GHjFmki6ZlIxDDEJtY_jAbq- RXoJhrdpTk6xkx6CjhYOUWgYSEnImu DFhoCdDcQAvD_BwE]
About Edmond Family Eye Care
Owned and operated by Matthew and Tracy Morris, Edmond Family Eye Care has offered provider of quality vision care products and personalized optometric services to patients in Edmond and the surrounding areas. Experienced doctors and staff offer comprehensive vision examinations and are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of eye diseases, conditions, and problems.
Cheers and happy traveling from our Yay Dude Team: Nine on 33rd, Citizens Bank of Edmond & Bourbon Street Cafe.