On April 7th, the University of Oklahoma named Porter Moser the new men’s basketball head coach
Lon Kruger. Five Fast Facts about Porter Moser:
- Porter Moser comes to OU from Loyola-Chicago. Prior to Loyola-Chicago, Porter was an assistant for legendary head coach Rick Majerus. Majerus was famous for not only his team’s success on the court, but also permanently residing in a three room hotel suite during his tenure at Utah.
- A 17-year Division I head coach, the 52-year-old Moser is most known for his run to the 2018 Final Fourand that Final Four gave us Loyola-Chicago’s most famous fan, Sister Jean. Sister Jean is an American religious sister of the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary and chaplain for the Loyola Ramblers men’s basketball team of Loyola University Chicago.
- Upon arriving at OU, Porter Moser inherited a roster with just 5 remaining players. Since then,
he has signed four players from the transfer portal, including the Big Sky Conference Player of the Year, Tanner Groves. Groves averaged 17 points per game and dropped 35 points on Kansas in this year’s NCAA Tournament.
- Porter Moser not only had to fill out his roster, but he also had to assemble a staff. One of the hires is an interesting one. K.T. Turner is a former Texas assistant head coach to Shaka Smart.
- Moser has a wife, Megan, and four children, Jordan, Jake, Ben, and Max. Here’s the Moser fam with NBA Star, Tony Parker.
@portermoser | @ou_mbball
Yay Sports Buzz by Citizens Bank and Primeline OKC.